ISLINGTON GARDENERS PHOTO COMPETITION
Islington Gardeners Photo Competition is inspired by the wonderful gardens, wildlife and green spaces we have in our area. Whether you take a picture on your phone, small camera or DSLR we’d love you to enter our competition. We’re looking for images that are well composed, technically competent and show off this varied subject.
How to enter:
There are four categories for you to enter
1 BEAUTIFUL GARDENS
A front or back garden. From a paved patio with pots to secluded lawns and flowerbeds, show us your favourite pictures of the gardens created in the Islington area.
A celebration of the wildlife living with us in London. Foxes, frogs, squirrels and, of course, birds are just some of the huge variety of wildlife we see regularly.
3 STUNNING VIEWS
A vista, public area, park or large garden. Islington is renowned for its leafy streets. parks and garden squares. Large gardens provide interesting views, as well.
4 BLOOMS SEEDS AND BERRIES
Close-ups of plants at their most interesting. Along with the beauty of flowers in bloom, plants are beautiful at every stage of growth from winter berries to the green shoots of spring.
- Choose which category you are entering your photo into, 1,2,3 or 4
- Reduce the size of your photo to 72dpi, or, if it’s a phone picture, then send an image no larger than 3MB. Remember to keep the original, in case you are shortlisted and also for your records
- Make your photo a .jpg file, if it isn’t already
- The file name of your photo must be your first name and surname and the category number, either (1 BEAUTIFUL GARDENS, 2 WILDLIFE, 3 STUNNING VIEWS, 4 BLOOMS SEEDS AND BERRIES) e.g. John Smith 1. Entries that are not named correctly cannot be judged.
- The subject line of your email message must also follow the same formula as above and list your first name, surname and category no e.g. John Smith 1
- Entries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each photo must be emailed separately, so only one photo per email. More than one photo per email will not be judged
- In the body of the email give your name, address and contact phone number
- In the body of the email state the date and address of where the photo is taken
- You can enter as many times as you like in any category, but each photo must be submitted separately as described above
- Entries close 31 August 2018 midnight GMT
Judging process and outcome
- The judges will shortlist five pictures in each category. All shortlisted entrants will be contacted to supply hi res versions of their pictures. Remember to keep the hi res version when you enter. There will be a single winner in each category and the four winning entries will be printed and displayed at Islington Gardeners AGM October 2018.
- The winner will be announced at the Islington Gardeners AGM in October 2018 (date to be specified).
- Each of the four winning entries will receive a £50 voucher to spend at a local garden centre, an exclusive Islington Gardeners apron and a year’s membership of Islington Gardeners.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- All entrants must be members of Islington Gardeners. Membership is £8 per person or £10 per couple or family at the same address
- Photos must be taken in the London Borough of Islington. If you are an Islington Gardeners member living outside the borough, then photos must either be taken in the London Borough of Islington or your own garden.
- Photos must be taken during the duration of the competition, from 17.10.2017 to 31.08.18. Photos taken outside this time frame will not be judged.
- Photos entered must not have been previously commissioned by another party, or used by another party in any way.
- Photos submitted must be your own work, must not be copied, must not contain any third-party materials and/or content that you do not have permission to use and must not otherwise be obscene, defamatory or in breach of any applicable legislation or regulations. If Islington Gardeners has reason to believe your entry is not your own work or otherwise breaches this rule, your photos will NOT be considered.
- You may only submit digital files by email
- Copyright of all entries remains with the photographer, but Islington Gardeners reserve the right to use entries in connection with promoting the competition, without payment.
- Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
- No responsibility is taken for lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete entries.
- By submitting photos you are accepting these rules.
- A shortlisted entry is not necessarily a winning entry.